The countdown is on until we shut things down for the summer! I am excited and nervous (but mostly excited) but of course we couldn’t close up shop for 2 months without doing one last big Pop Up Shop Update!
The Pop Up Shop will be updated on Sunday, June 16th at round 1pm ET. I will be as punctual as possible!
So, what will this update include, you ask? Lots of good stuff. First up, a brand new item, TFA Star blanket kits!
• The kits will be made up of TFA PureWash DK.
• Each kit will contain approximately 33 yds of 16 different colours for the star + 2 full skeins of Natural for the MC and 1 skein of Stormy for the border.*
• Kits will be priced at $138 CAD.
• I will have a very limited number of kits available this weekend but promise to add these kits to our Core Collection of kits in the fall. So there will be plenty available going forward!
• My sample blanket is not yet finished but I hope it gives you a pretty good idea of what it will look like!
• I’m using the Fly Away blanket pattern by Tin Can Knits which is sold separately here.
• I will be hosting a very casual TFA Summer Blanket KAL over in my Ravelry group again this year. I wish I had organized it sooner - hence the very casual disclaimer - but better late then never. I hope you’ll join us!
*This is the yardage I am using for this first round of kits but I may increase the yardage for the next round. I have found that this is enough with very little to spare, of each colourway needed, but perhaps a little more wiggle room would make knitters more comfortable and also make the kits more flexible for other uses? Jury is still out on what yardage the next round of kits will include.
Last but definitely not least I am excited to now be offering a super cute summer TFA T-shirt! This was a really fun project for Chris and I to tackle. One of my favourite things about owning a small business is the possibility to do whatever we want creatively - even if that includes making a t-shirt for our knitting brand that doesn’t relate back to knitting in any way but still looks cute and colourful, is something that I will wear all summer (and beyond) was fun to design and promotes our brand relatively discreetly. It’s not discreet in that it says TANIS is giant letters but it is discreet in the sense that it isn’t obnoxiously obvious at first glance that this is a brand t-shirt, y’know? I’m thinking of making it an annual thing. I already have an idea for next year’s t-shirt so I hope you like them!
We worked with Montreal screen printers The Letter Bet to make these shirts and they so kindly agreed to do a few kids sized shirts for our little crew. The boys were so pumped! Micah took his roll as t-shirt model incredibly seriously and he never does that! He’s usually the one with the back of his head to the camera in every photo because there is always something much more interesting going on. Willow has one too but had already mashed banana all over it by the time we had a chance to snap some photos.
That’s all for today friends. See you on Sunday!