Spring Cleaning

I've now been back from the Frolic for a week. I took a couple of days off to relax after weeks of hard work, but now it's back to business as usual. I'm dyeing and planning and doing all the things that us small dyers do to try and stay on top of our game. Along with work, I've also been scheming about new projects that I'm eager to start. I actually had a night last week where I was up until 3:30 am just going over all the stuff I want to knit and trying to figure out colours and patterns and how to make it all happen! But before I start anything new and big, I thought it best to dust off some of the old WIP's and get them finished off for good so I can start with a clear conscience! I actually don't have that many WIP's, but this first one has been hanging around in my project bin for over a year, it's time to get 'er done. 

I've knit the final 3 squares for my mitered square blanket. 

This finishes off the bottom right corner of the blanket and the purple/pink section. 

I've already started seaming it and hope to have at least part of the border done tonight. Just a couple more sit downs with this big guy and it'll be all ready for it's close up! I'm loving the way it's turning out, it's going to be a lovely blanket.

I already polished off a pair of socks that I'd been "working on" cough*not-working-on*cough since January! I don't know why, but I got side tracked, I knit other socks, other sweaters, projects for the Frolic, and never got this pair done. But now they're done, and I'm wearing them even though it's a lovely Spring day here in Montreal.

I purposefully didn't match up the stripes. I found that the fact that the stripes were so evenly spaced already meant that in order to make them at least a little bit whimsical I needed to mess up the symmetry a little bit. 

It feels good to be finishing projects. Because that means I can start new ones!